South Elgin's Dog Park is located in County Park (225 S Water Street) behind the Trolley Museum and just south of SEBA Park. With a serene, picturesque setting, the dog park is a converted ballfield with completely enclosed fencing. The park is accessible via parking spaces near the dog park and a walking bridge from the SEBA Park parking lot. Parking for this event will also be available at the Trolley Museum. For walkers, the park is directly adjacent to the Fox River Trail path.
The dog park's grand opening takes place Saturday, October 24, 2020 at 10am. After opening remarks and the ribbon cutting, we will begin a Dog Costume Parade (see below). The grand opening includes a supply drive for Anderson Animal Shelter, and you can see their supply wish list here.
Dog Park Grand Opening
NOTE: Dogs must be leashed during the entire event, and masks must be worn by everyone but dogs
Saturday, October 24 at 10am
Dog Costume Contest - NOW VIRTUAL
Due to the recent COVID mitigation efforts for Kane/DuPage Counties, the Dog Costume Contest will go virtual. To enter the contest, please send the following information to email@example.com:
- Dog’s Name
- Owners Name and Cell Phone #
- JPG or PDF of the dog in costume
All of the above information must be received no later than Monday, October 26 at Noon. Our judges will make all decisions and awards will be distributed later next week. If there are any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would still like to make a donation for Anderson Animal Shelter, please e-mail Krista McKinney at the address shown.
- First 50 dogs to have their picture submitted will receive a coupon to DQ for a free Pup Cup
- Categories: Scariest, Cutest, Funniest & Best Owner/Pet Costume
- First prize for the contest will be a $50 Gift Card for The Grooming Lodge
- Awards will be given to the Top 2 in each category
- Raffle prizes will be from Dogtopia…1 prize will be for daycare and the other prize will be for boarding