Village of South Elgin Holiday Lights Decorating Contest
Here are the rules and details you need to know:
How to Enter:
- Visit the Parks & Recreation registration page here. After logging in or creating an account, enter 33613 in the Section Number box.
- Select whether your display will compete in the Traditional or Clark Griswold (as in over-the-top decor from Christmas Vacation movie) category.
- Additional rules and regulations will be e-mailed to you upon registration.
- Registration deadline is Wednesday, December 9 at 5pm.
- We also request five non-perishable food items donated for the South Elgin Food Pantry. We will collect these donations when photographing each of the participating homes Thursday, December 10. Just leave the donation in a bag on the front step and we'll gather all of the food for the pantry. Thank you in advance!
- All lights and decorations must be on display by December 10 at 5pm. Village staff will take pictures after 5pm that evening, and they will be posted on this webpage www.southelgin.com/holidaylights
- Participating homes must keep lights on from 6-9pm daily from December 11-20
- All participating homes must be located in the Village of South Elgin
- Decorations must be visible from the street
- Participating homes agree to display a lawn sign promoting the contest, and will allow a photo of their home to be used on the Village's website and social media pages.
- The voting window will be available online from Friday, December 11 through Sunday, December 20 at 11:59pm
- Images of each home as well as an online ballot will be available in the left column of this webpage beginning December 11, 2020 (www.southelgin.com/holidaylights)
- Website visitors are invited to vote for one winner in each category (Traditional and Griswold)
Winners will be announced at the Village Board of Trustees Meeting Monday, December 21, 2020. Prizes will be delivered directly to the winners.