Safety in the Office
Owning a business heightens your awareness of crime. Tips to prevent your business from easily being violated.
Click here for information on "A Guide to Business Security."
- Provide a employee handbook clearly outlining policies.
- Have an emergency plan and train employees.
- Provide exit routes and evacuation plans.
- Provide fire extinguishers and medical kits.
- Designate a meeting location that every employee is aware of for use in emergency situations.
- Provide special emergency plans for co-workers who are disabled or may require assistance in evacuating the workplace.
- Never lock fire exits or block doorways, halls, or stairways. Keep fire doors closed to slow the spread of smoke.
- Provide visitor badgers.
- Confidential information should be locked.
- Provide proper surge protectors on computers.
- Provide proper security, such as closed circuit TV or a panic alarm.