The department is dedicated to protecting the residents of South Elgin by providing information. Click here for more information on Bullying, Crime Prevention Information, Safety Advice or Distracted Driving. Be crime smart!
- AARP Information on credit card scams and more.
- Consumer Affairs.com Information on current scams around the globe.
- Loan Modification Scam Alert Information on foreclosure scams.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Information on scam alerts, reporting of crimes and scams, and safety.
- FinAid A guide to scholarship scams.
- Ripoff Report Worldwide consumer reporting website to file and document complaints.
SEPD Warns Residents of Active Phone Scams
SEPD advises of two current phone scams resulting in the lose of large sums of money.
IRS SCAM ALERT--Beware of a False Notice Left at Your Door
Victims contact the Treasury Inspector General Tax Administration at 1-800-366-4484.
Community Scam Alert--Door to Door Solicitation--Call 9-1-1
Seniors Don't Fall Victim to the "Grandparent Scam"--Know What It Is and How To Protect Yourself
When it hits home, it becomes more personal.
Top Ten Scams Targeting Seniors
Financial scams targeting seniors are so common, it is being considered "the crime of the 21st century."
More Senior Scam Alerts
The Police Department Warns Seniors that the Administration on Aging DOES NOT Call or Request Money to Determine Eligibility for Living Well Grants
Newest phone scam--beware!