Utility Bills - new format and auto payment options
Utility Bills: A new format provides more useful information
Beginning December 2019, your utility bill will arrive in an envelope instead of a fold and seal bill. There are even bigger changes on the inside:
- A section indicating Consumption History for the previous three years
- In case of previous overpayment(s), the Account Messages section will read: CREDIT BALANCE. DO NOT PAY
- For residents who have enrolled in auto-payments via a bank account, the Account Messages section will read: BALANCE DUE WILL BE BANK DRAFTED. And in the amount enclosed it will read: AUTO PAY.
- If this is a duplicate bill for a landlord, the Account Messages will read: DUPLICATE BILL, DO NOT PAY
- If a resident regularly receives multiple water bills, they will now come in one envelope.
Auto-payment options for your utility bill
An update to our online payment software now requires users to create an account to pay utility bills online. Visit southelgin.com. Hover on RESIDENTS and select Payment Center from the drop down menu. Have your Account Number and Name exactly as it appears on your bill and select Create User Profile. You will be prompted to provide a username, password and email address. You will receive an email to confirm your email address and finish creating your account. If you prefer paying via automatic withdrawal from a bank account, visit southelgin.com. Hover on RESIDENTS and select Forms & Applications. Please print, complete and submit the Automatic Utility Bill Payment Authorization Form. Questions? Call Village Hall at 847-742-5780 and we're happy to help!