alert iconHydrant Flushing Takes Place May 14-17 and 21-24 Flushing takes place between 2-6AM to minimize impact. More info at alert close

kane county 211Similar to how you dial 9-1-1 for emergencies, you can call “2-1-1” in Kane County and be connected to a live specialist, any time of the day or night, to assist you with your human service and resource needs. This is a free service that connects callers to more than 1,000 government, non-profit, and faith-based organizations which can arrange for essential services in Kane County. No computer or Internet is required to use the 2-1-1 service, translation is available in over 180 languages, and callers of all ages can use 2-1-1 as often as they need. Ninety-four percent of the U.S. population, including over 40 counties in Illinois, already have access to 2-1-1. This has proven to be a valuable resource for anyone looking for help, whether it’s yourself, a family member, an employee, client, or anyone who comes to you seeking assistance. 2-1-1 offers access to the following types of resources:

Basic Human Needs

  • Clothing
  • Food Banks
  • Rent Assistance
  • Shelters
  • Utility Assistance

Employment Support

  • Education Programs
  • Financial Assistance
  • Job Training
  • Transportation Assistance
  • Unemployment Benefits

Physical and Mental Health

  • Counseling
  • Crisis Intervention Services
  • Drug and Alcohol Intervention
  • Early Childhood Development and More
  • Medicaid and Medicare
  • Services Specific To Cancer
  • Support Group

Support for Older Americans and Persons with Disabilities

  • Adult Day Care
  • Congregate Meals
  • Home Health Care
  • Homemaker Services
  • Meals On Wheels
  • Respite Care
  • Transportation

*Please note: While Comcast, AT&T, Mediacom, Verizon, and other phone carriers are live with this service as of November 1, 2018, there are over 100 phone carriers in Illinois. If your phone carrier does not allow access, please contact the 2-1-1 call center using the toll free number, 888-865-9903. Someone working with Kane County 2-1-1 will contact your phone carrier and you can still ask your human resource and social service questions in the same call.

For more information, visit the website.