Annual Road Construction Program
- Road Program 2021: This is the standard Village-funded road program. After the contractor bid process, the roads listed below are scheduled for resurfacing or reconstruction by the Village of South Elgin during summer 2021. A map is available here. Questions? Call Public Works at 847-695-2742.
- CHARLES CT Kane Street to Helen Ave
- GREENFIELD AVE Kenilworth to Juli
- HELEN AVE Charles Ct to west of Renee
- LAFAYETTE DR Wedgewood to Marbury
- MELINDA DRIVE Kane St to Spring St
- MICHIGAN AVE Helen Ave to Sundown
- RENEE DR Sundown Rd to north of Barbara
- SUNBURY RD
- DIVISION ST Renee Dr to Dean Dr
- GERALD AVE Michigan Ave to East End
- WEDGEWOOD DR Spring to Lafayette
- Clintonville/Collins Neighborhood Road Rehabilitation Project: This will be a two-year endeavor involving a water main replacement, street resurfacing, new curbs, gutters and sidewalks. For full details and map of the road project, please click here.
Construction and convenience, unfortunately, do not go hand in hand. Large neighborhood resurfacing projects don't happen overnight and your patience and courtesy is greatly appreciated! Improvements include grinding off the top layer of asphalt and repaving; curb and gutter repairs as necessary; repairs to sidewalks in poor condition or which pose a trip hazard; and new sidewalk installation. Construction work typically occurs between June and September each year.
Please keep in mind during construction season, emergency vehicles will always have access and your garbage service will continue, however your garbage may be picked up earlier in the morning before the contractor begins work.
As always, construction schedules are dependent on weather and are subject to delays.