Annual Road Construction Program
- Road Program 2022: This is the standard Village-funded road program. After the contractor bid process, the roads listed below are scheduled for resurfacing or reconstruction by the Village of South Elgin during summer 2022. A map is available here. Questions? Call Mike Millette, Director of Public Works, Scott Fish, Streets & Forestry Superintendent or Colleen Chase, Administrative Assistant at 847-695-2742.
Beginning on June 27, 2022 - Concrete Work - replacement of certain driveway aprons and sections of sidewalk, curb and gutter, are scheduled to begin in the project zone on Monday, June 27, 2022. If you reside in the project zone, a notice was placed on your front door to notify you of pertinent information regarding the project on Wednesday, June 22, 2022.
- ARLINGTON LANE - Valley Forge Ave to East End
- ASHTON COURT - Arlington Ln to North End
- ARBOR LANE - Ashton Ct to Valley Forge Ave
- JUNIPER LANE - N Lancaster Cir to Fairfax Ln
- CORNWALL AVENUE - Franklin Ave to Concord Ave
- WINDSOR COURT - Concord Ave to North End
- WOODRIDGE CIRCLE - IL 31 to IL 31
- Clintonville/Collins Neighborhood Road Rehabilitation Project: This will be a two-year endeavor involving a water main replacement, street resurfacing, new curbs, gutters and sidewalks. For full details and map of the road project, please click here.
General Road Project Information:
Construction and convenience, unfortunately, do not go hand in hand. Large neighborhood resurfacing projects don't happen overnight and your patience and courtesy is greatly appreciated! Improvements include grinding off the top layer of asphalt and repaving; curb and gutter repairs as necessary; repairs to sidewalks in poor condition or which pose a trip hazard; and new sidewalk installation. Construction work typically occurs between May and October each year.
Please keep in mind during construction season, emergency vehicles will always have access and your garbage service will continue, however your garbage may be picked up earlier in the morning before the contractor begins work. Please have your cans at the curb the night before pick-up.
As always, construction schedules are dependent on weather and are subject to delays.