The Village of South Elgin and the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) have entered into an agreement to reconstruct the portion of McLean Boulevard between Spring Street and Stearns Road, which has been one of the Village's goals for many years.
The road is currently owned and managed by IDOT as an unmarked state route. With a $12.5 million grant from IDOT, the Village will reconstruct and widen the street. Upon completion, the road will be transferred to the Village of South Elgin. There is land acquisition needed and IDOT will complete this work. Affected property owners will be notified of the land acquisition by IDOT.
Along with the Project Diagram and Benefits provided in the left column, here is a summary of the planned McLean Boulevard Improvements:
- Widening from 2 lanes to 4 lanes
- Curbs and gutters
- Dedicated turn lanes and deceleration lanes
- Traffic signal at North Lancaster Street
- Bike path connecting to regional trail system
- Sound wall on east side of McLean Boulevard
- Construction is expected to start in the early Summer of 2024.
- For more information, contact Public Works Department