Residential Branch Pick Up Program
The following is a list of helpful tips to keep in mind when preparing for pick up:
- Pick ups must be called in before 7 am on the Monday of pick up week, please call 847-930-6050 ext. 4. *No exceptions will be made for late requests.*
- Pick-up weeks are scheduled as "Week Of" to allow for prioritization of crew tasks, as determined by the Superintendent.
- Please be patient. The list can take several days to complete during the height of summer landscaping.
- All pick ups are limited to residential homes only and the branches must be generated on the property.
- Branches should be the result of maintenance trimming only. Crews will not pick up piles larger than 8'x8' in area.
- Crews will not process branches from the removal of whole trees. If a resident removes a dead tree from their property, the resident should contact a tree removal service for the disposal of those limbs and tree trunk.
- Crews will not remove branches from private property. Please ensure that all branches are placed on the parkway.
- When placing branches for pick up, set them in the parkway before 7:00 a.m. the Monday of pick up week. If branch piles are not at the curb when the crew arrives at your address, they will move on to the next stop. You may call the branch pick-up line and request to be placed on the next list, should you forget to place your branches out before Monday morning.
- Be sure no foreign objects are in the brush piles such as wire, rope, construction material, etc. Piles will foreign objects contained in them will not be processed.
- Place the branches so the cut ends face the street.
- Limbs should be a minimum of 3' in length (longer is better!) and no larger than 10" in diameter. Branches from pine trees, roots and root balls, stumps, vines, shrubs and/or building materials are not acceptable and will not be processed.
- Branches shorter than 3 feet in length, yard rakings, garden material, and small twigs should be placed in yard waste bags and set out with your normal refuse to be picked up by Groot.
- Make sure there is nothing obstructing the pile such as a vehicle.
2023 RESIDENTIAL PICK UP SCHEDULE
January 2* and 16
February 6 and 20
March 6 and 20
April 3 and 17
May 8 and 22
June 5 and 19
July 3* and 17
August 7 and 21
September 4* and 18
October 2 and 16
November 6 and 20
December 4 and 18
*Branch pick-up will occur during these holiday weeks. All requests to be placed on the list are due before 7 a.m. on the Monday of Branch Pick-up Week, irrespective of the holiday.
(847)930-6050 Ext 4